What does a comprehensive interior design project consist of?
PHASE I – COMPREHENSIVE INTERIOR PROJECT
– If it is possible (the building is existing and there are basic walls and finishings inside), we start our work with an on-site inspection and measurements. If this is not possible, we initially work based on the documentation provided by the developer or client, and perform measurements before creating our precise technical drawings.
– We agree with our clients on the requirements for the interior space (the various rooms, particular elements that must be included in the project, preferences for individual areas, etc.).
– We then prepare variants for the functional concept, presenting them in 2D floor views.
– We discuss the presented concepts with our clients, and together we choose the best option.
– We schedule meetings with our client, during which we discuss preferred color schemes, interior mood, material and technological options, and general ideas about the interior. Meanwhile, we also take into consideration the planned budget.
– We prepare conceptual images of the interior design in the form of realistic 3D visualizations.
technical drawings and material choices
– Based on the chosen concept, we select finishing materials with our client. We prepare a list of products presented in the visualizations (including ceramics, tiles, lamps, floor finishing materials, types of wall finishing, household appliances, fireplace inserts, etc).
– We prepare detailed technical drawings, which will be the basis for the execution of the project by the contractor team. This documentation includes drawings of partition walls, floor layout, ceiling layout, distribution of electrical and plumbing points, wall colors, among other things. When required, cross-section drawings are also prepared, presenting detailed view of certain elements (furnitures, countertops, glass elements, upholstered elements, linings on the walls of tiles, stone, concrete tiles, etc.)
– At meetings, we discuss the documentation and go into finer details such as external and internal colors for furnitures, and their shelves, drawers, storage spaces and overall functional everyday use. At our office we have a wide range of color and material samples that will help you with these decisions.
– Finally, we choose free-standing furniture, bathroom accessories, door handles, wallpapers, carpets.
PHASE II – EXECUTION OF THE INTERIOR PROJECT
organization and supervision of the execution process
In response to the needs of our busiest clients, we offer supervision and organization services for this phase of production. We start by preparing a cost estimate for the execution of all the elements, as well as costs for the work of the contractor team. We agree with the contractors on a schedule for the duration of works, and coordinate the ordering process so that all necessary material and equipment is on site at the right time.
Throughout the finishing works, we are in constant contact with both contractors and suppliers, and we ensure their quality and compliance with the design and schedule.
We work with experienced teams who carry out finishing and construction works, as well as custom-made elements such as furniture, doors, kitchens, glass elements, upholstered elements and all other individually designed details that appear in the interior project. We also provide assistance selecting companies that design special systems, such as smart home automation, alarm systems, air conditioning, among others.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I ORDER ONLY A PART OF THE INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT?
We can offer an interior design project with a more basic scope. It contains a functional layout concept and drawings of walls, as well as electrical and hydraulic systems. It is aimed at people who want to choose the colors and equipment for their interior, but require the help of someone who will prepare a functional layout plan, with details such as furniture arrangement, equipment, room divisions and basic installations. This smaller scope project can also be useful when purchasing a house or apartment at very early development stage (before construction), as it can be useful to the developer.
For clients who simply need an idea, a “vision” for their interior, but don’t actually need technical drawings or even material lists, it is also possible to order a stand-alone conceptual interior design project. We have used this system in the past, cooperating with housing developers, to show examples of apartment interiors.
CAN I ORDER A PROJECT ONLY FOR A FEW SELECTED ROOMS?
We strongly encourage our clients to take a full comprehensive project, as we are committed to creating a coherent vision for the entire apartment, flat or house. Each individual room should come together as a whole in terms of color and style, to create a comfortable and coherent living space.
However, based on the individual needs of some clients, we can make some exceptions and design an interior for selected rooms. Please contact us so that we can determine the optimal scope of the project together.
CAN I GET HELP WITH AN UNFINISHED PROJECT?
If your interior project is already partially made, but is still missing certain parts in order to be complete, we can provide support in the form of consultations and proposals for products, furnitures or finishings. Please send us an inquiry including photos of the current state of the interior, together with information about your requirements and expectations, so that we can assess the scope of the work needed to complete the project.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT?
Creating an interior design project is a complex process. It often requires several meetings, to discuss expectations, requirements, variations, and ultimately choose the best solution together. We need to get to know each other well and talk about a number of issues, so that the final result of our work is a high quality tailor-made interior, ideally fitting each client. We believe that at least 2.5-3 months should be spent on this process.
WILL I LIKE THE INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT?
On our website, we present various interior designs that were created for our clients, both concepts and finished projects. If the aesthetics of these designs suit you, it will certainly be easier for us to communicate. However, if you have doubts as to whether the style that you would like to achieve is compatible to what is presented by us, we encourage you to include images of your desired style of interior when contacting us for an offer.
WHAT TYPE OF PROJECTS ARE CREATED IN TK ARCHITEKCI?
Most of our clients are private investors with residential projects, but we also have also created other types of designs, such as office spaces, clinics and dentists. We also make interior designs for developers, including sample apartment staging, and common spaces such as staircases, lobbies or receptions. We understand the requirements associated with each type of interior design project and what it takes to execute them.
Most of our clients are from Warsaw and surrounding areas, but we have made interior design projects throughout Poland and also abroad. We have designed houses and apartments in Switzerland, France, Great Britain, Georgia, Portugal and Canada, among other locations. Projects located outside of Warsaw are often carried out by e-mail or online conference calls.
HOW CAN I RECEIVE A PRICE OFFER?
Project budget is always prepared individually. We take into account various factors, including the total area of the interior, number and type of rooms, condition of the building itself (new development / renovation). Based on those factors, we estimate how much work a given project requires. In order to prepare an offer, please send an e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org including the floor plans and the following information:
– Will the number / function of the rooms be the same or different from the existing layout? Are all rooms to be covered by the interior project?
– Was the building recently built, is it still in development, or is the building older (needing renovation work)?
– In the case of apartment buildings, when is the planned date of completion? And in the case of single-family homes, what is the current stage of construction?
– Where is the home located?
I HAVE AN OFFER, SO WHAT'S NEXT?
If you have received an offer and would like to start working with us, we invite you to a meeting in our studio! There is a lot to talk about and we should get to know each other. The most important factor, and key to a successful cooperation, is good communication and understanding between the interior designer and the client.